1. NEVER keep clients in your community – even readers – whose energy you don’t like. You don’t have to be able to explain why, it’s your business, your life. Your energy. You get to protect it any way you see fit. Just now I deleted someone who gave me feedback that the way I email reeks of desperation. No, it reeks of me being me. You don’t have to like it, that’s your right. But me keeping you in my community when you don’t inherently like me as I am? THAT would reek of desperation on my part.
2. Never do a anything because it seems like a good way to make money. Do it because it seems like a GREAT way to follow your calling, then figure out how to make money from it.
3. You get to make the rules.About how or how often you communicate. About whether or not to have a blog, podcast, video, newsletter. What would FEEL amazing? Do that. Ignore everything else. For me this is writing from the heart, publishing it right away, sending it out. Doing this most days. That’s my business growth and sales strategy in a nutshell. It works.
4. Sell with passion not benefits. Selling features and benefits works, after a fashion. But selling with passion, with FERVOUR? You can’t even compare the difference. Of course this means -
5. Sell ONLY what you can talk about with fervour. If you don’t practically froth at the mouth about the importance and power of your message it’s probably not your deal message.
6. You have a message. You have a calling. You have a PURPOSE. Stop at nothing to find it.
7. If you’d only shut up and listen, you’d realise you already know it of course. So …