57 Quick’n’Easy Ways To Boost Your Energy And Lose Weight
Looking and feeling the way you dream of doesn’t have to be the arduous task that it so often seems. When it comes down to it, the people who are most successful – those who look amazing and positively brim with annoying energy – are those who simply live their lives a certain way. They do small things (and occasionally big things) every day that keep them ever-close to their goals. They make fitness and health a habit; part of who they are – and this means it really does get easier every day.
Why not set yourself a challenge to incorporate just one of these tips into your life every day. I guarantee that, over time, the changes you’ll notice both inside and out will be tremendous.
- Take a 3-day break from grains. All of ’em. Yep, that includes corn, rice, millet, even spelt.
- Substitute plenty of fresh green vegies instead
- Take 10 minutes to perform slow stretches first thing in the morning
- Take 5 minutes to lie on your back and breathe slowly through your nose in the evening
- Take a lunch break – outside of the office
- Sit up straight and smile. Now.
- Leave your desk for 5 minutes every hour without fail. Walk around as much as you can. If you think you’ll forget, set an alarm on your computer
- Eat less food
- Drink more water
- Swap the mid-afternoon processed snack for some fresh berries with plain full-fat yogurt
- Move more
- Move more
- Move more
- Eat a good breaky (no, that doesn’t mean cereal – make sure it has some protein)
- Add a pinch of certified organic sea salt to each bottle of water. The minerals will help to hydrate and energize you.
- Eat fat to burn fat
- Cut out the lattes and switch to a fat-loss coffee: black with cinnamon and an inch of double cream. Seriously!
- Tell someone you love them
- Tell someone you love them and really mean it
- Go to bed when you’re tired. You don’t really need that extra 30 minutes television
- Bite your tongue on the “why do you never” complaints and tell your partner you’re so lucky to have them
- Swap the machine gym-program for a blasting functional circuit
- Help out a stranger
- Spend a week on green tea instead of coffee (give it a week as the first few days might just be hell)
- Stop adding sugar
- Stop eating sugar
- Fast for a day .. or even a meal
- Swap the chocolate bar for raw nuts
- Eat 70%+ organic dark chocolate
- Use stevia instead of artificial sweetener
- Get up when the alarm goes off and use the snooze-time to jot down 5 things you’re excited about in your life
- Have sex
- Have sex like you mean it
- Load up on the Omega-3s. They’re one of the smartest fats for health and weight loss
- Boost energy, performance and metabolism with another smart fat
- Challenge your body in the great outdoors – try frisbee, tossing a ball around, doing some beach or hill sprints, or just going for a walk
- Think about what’s really important to you and then put aside time for those things each day – even for just 10 minutes
- Take a TV fast for a week. Not only does your metabolism slow down like crazy in front of the box, the radiation isn’t doing you any energy-favors either. Who knows, you might actually find you like your life!
- Make time for friends and don’t cancel
- Hang out with an energetic and happy person for a day (if you can handle them that long)
- Drink your water quota. Multiply your body weight in kilos by 0.033 to find out how many liters you need. Fill a couple bottles with the required amount so you can keep track throughout the day.
- Follow-through on the workout you don’t feel like doing
- Invest in organic food and notice your satisfaction increase
- Shop the outside aisles of the supermarket only
- Better yet, shop at your local or farmers market and enjoy the virtuous feeling of real-food purchases
- Cut out the cardio – unless you want chunky fat aerobics instructor syndrome
- Eat protein at every meal – animal protein. And hold the starch.
- Do it now (whatever you’ve been putting off)
- Don’t do anything unless it’s really important – the most useless passing of your life is the efficient completion of something that doesn’t matter
- Write down your food intake for a week. Be ruthlessly honest
- Surround yourself with people, books, websites that inspire and lift you up. Celeb-gossip updates do not fit into this category
- Steam your vegies rather than boiling them
- Better yet, eat them raw once in a while
- Eat slowly – wait till your food is liquid before swallowing
- Wait 30 minutes before deciding if you really need seconds/dessert
- Make exercise fun – go dancing, chase a child (preferably one you know), take an unusual class, or try something outrageous that you’ve always wanted to do, like white-water rafting
- Make up your mind to be energised, motivated, and happy. It really does make a difference. And never forget –
Life is Now. Press Play.
Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post in the ‘post a comment’ section just below. If you’re reading from RSS or email you’ll have to enter the blog to do this. You can do that by clicking on the title of this piece. ‘Post a comment’ is at the article end, right under the ’share this’ and ‘related posts’ options.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to this feed, what are you waiting for? Do it now. You can choose either email or RSS by clicking here. If you enjoyed this article please forward to your friends. Thank-you!