Tonic Superfoods was founded by Amer Kudi, after his passion for health & longevity combined with his love for chocolate. Amer has searched far and wide to bring the best of these nutrient dense foods in an easily consumable form and will continue to do so.
“Think Quality, Think Priority, Think Nutritional Difference!”
Check out the Woman Incredible Nutritional range by Tonic Superfoods HERE.
Here’s an interview I conducted with Amer, about why he founded Tonic & why he has chosen the products he stocks.
1. Tell us a little about yourself – i.e. your background and how you would now describe yourself as a health practitioner.
I got interested in health and fitness as a teenager while participating in competitive sports. I was always looking for something to give me the edge to train harder, recover quicker and perform better.
The more I researched and learned the more I became intrigued with health and performance which lead me to start my career as a health coach in 2005.
Since then I have travelled and learned from some of the best trainers, coaches and health experts in their respective fields.
I always aim to simplify the information I learn into a manageable, fun, and easy to follow approach that I could teach to my clients and the people I have the privilege of working with.
2. Let’s get straight to the point – why is Tonic Superfoods protein the smartest choice for women looking to get lean and supplement their diet with a healthy protein shake?
Unlike many ‘off the shelf’ protein supplements on the market Tonic Superfoods protein is clean; The whey comes from grass fed cows, feeding in pastures free from chemicals & the product itself has been cold pressed ensuring that the protein has not been denatured. Commercial protein powders on the other hand are often highly processed, artificially flavoured and loaded with chemical fillers which can upset both your digestion and the bodies natural detoxification process. Furthermore, Tonic’s protein is sweetened with stevia, which is much better for the body than dextrose, fructose and cellulose, there are no artificial colourings or anti-caking agents.
Anyone that is serious about getting lean knows the importance of a clean diet & this makes Tonic’s whey a great inclusion.
3. Was it easy to source the world’s best quality protein for your company?
Sourcing good products can be challenging at times, but I’m very proud of the products we currently stock and the many products we will be launching in the future. The protein became an instant hit with the personal trainers because they felt safe recommending a pure un-denatured cold processed protein to their clients. Our flavored proteins are sweetened with stevia a zero calorie sweetener making it ideal for those trying to stay clear from sugar.
4. A lot of women think that protein powder is just for men or if you’re wanting to gain muscle. What’s your general take on supplements for fat loss and health, protein powder specifically.
To begin with, let’s talk about why protein is so important. Proteins, rather than carbohydrates, form the building blocks of all cells. Experts recommend we consume approximately 1.2 X our body weight in pounds of protein per day for fat loss and lean muscle gain. Many women when trying to lose weight focus on counting calories rather than ensuring they are consuming optimal amounts of protein. Whey protein is a highly absorbable form of protein, making it best for consumption straight after working out, when the body needs it! In conjunction with regular consumption of animal based proteins, whey is a great way to achieve your recommended daily protein intake.
5. Protein powder isn’t all that Tonic offers, is it – can you tell us a little more about your company including why you decided to set it up? I.e. inspiration for setting it up.
I first heard of Superfoods while I was traveling a few years back. At first I was skeptical, but when I came back home and ordered my first lot of superfoods and started playing with different recipes I was blown away!
What inspired me the most was that consuming superfoods and making your own superfood smoothies was a lot of fun!
I knew straight away that this is what was missing from most nutritional/diet programs on the market and made it my mission to teach others how to also have fun with healthy food.
Tonic happened organically when many of my clients and personal trainer friends asked me to supply them with the ingredients for my smoothies.
Today Tonic is a company dedicated to spreading the word about the benefits of Superfoods and teaching people how to use them as part of their healthy lifestyle. Our website offers lots of article on different health topics as well as audio interviews and video recipes.
6. What is the most popular flavour of protein that you have on offer?
Chocolate whey protein is our top selling protein, that’s no surprise as who doesn’t like chocolate? 🙂
7. Can you give us a quick rundown of one of your personal favourite protein smoothie mixes?
In a blender add:
- 400ml of cold tea (I like green tea or you could use water)
- 1-2 scoop Tonic Superfoods Vanilla protein
- 1 tbsp Tonic Superfoods Bee pollen (great source of amino acids and B vitamins)
- 1 tsp Tonic Superfoods Bovine Colostrum (great for immune support)
- 1 tsp Tonic Superfoods Cacao powder (great source of magnesium and a powerful antioxidant)
- Handful frozen blueberries.
Blend and Enjoy 🙂
If you’re interested in trying some of the Woman Incredible Nutritional range, jump over to the Woman Incredible Store & check it out 🙂