Best Ever Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- 1.5 cups rice flour
- .5 cups of Woman Incredible raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda (bi-carb soda)
- ½ tsp salt – himalayan pink
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup oil – olive or macadamia, organic of course!
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 3 cup raw grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup walnuts – optional
- 1/3 cup fine chopped 85%+ dark chocolate – optional
Sift dry ingredients twice (NOT SUGAR). Beat oil and sugar well using an electric mixer. Add eggs and dry sifted ingredients.
Bake in greased and floured 22 x 32cm (I use approx 25cm diameter spring-form tin) at 180 degrees celsius. When cold, frost with chocolate cream cheese frosting if you choose.
- 250 gm cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
Sift icing sugar and cacao if needed or break lumps with back of spoon
Add cut up butter and mix well
Add vanilla and cut up cream cheese. Mix well.
Once frosting is on the cake it is best kept in the fridge
Did you know?
Zucchini adds moistness to the cake. Think of carrot cake! And it is completely unidentifiable. I use coconut sugar as it’s very low GI, but this is definitely still a treat meal!