Chocolate Protein Porridge
- 30 grams organic rolled oats (not quick oats as they raise your blood sugar too fast)
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons organic full-fat cream
- 2 round teaspoons dessicated coconut
- 1 round teaspoon raw cacao
- Few drops vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 organic egg
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, in no particular order – be sure to break and mix the egg
Stir constantly as oats will stick to bottom if you don’t
Add more water as needed
When oats are completely soft it is done
Serve with fresh or frozen berries, or just plain. You could also add some chopped nuts to this.
Did you know?
Oats do typically contain a little gluten, so I don’t use them very often at all. But if you are willing to go looking (perhaps ask your organic store to order them for you) you can get gluten free oats. Worth hunting for!
I still would not recommend you often have a carb-based breakfast, so use this recipe either as a treat meal or a small post-workout carb meal. Yummy!