Coconut, Zucchini and Raspberry Muffins
- 2/3 cup sifted coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon pink or grey sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 washed and grated medium size zucchini
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup macadamia nut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Mix coconut flour, zucchini salt and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla and blend well. I use a stick blender
- Combine all ingredients and blend further
- Gently fold in frozen blueberries
- Distribute into muffin tray (makes 9 large muffins)
- Bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes
- Try not to eat them all at once as soon as they come out of the oven! 🙂
Did you know?
|Coconut flour, in my opinion, is THE healthiest flour option for baking. It’s gluten free, MUCH lower in carbs than other (usually grain-based) flours, and is high in natural fibre. It’s made from the meat of the coconut after most of the fat has been removed, so it’s also low in fat! These muffins taste so good that kids and big kids alike will scoff them down – and unless you prefer to tell them, they won’t even notice the zucchini!
Coconut flour is still about 50% carbohydrate, so these are definitely a healthy treat rather than every-day food. Aim to have a higher-carb treat meal 1-2 times per week. On a Body Sculpt day is best.