Detox Turkey Salad
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into fine strips
- 1 garden squash, lightly steamed and chopped into thin slices
- 1 head of broccoli, lightly steamed and chopped into medium chunks
- 200 grams of pre-cooked and shaved turkey breast (i.e. from the deli)
- 1/2 a red spanish onion, chopped fine
- Small handful of roasted unsalted almonds
- Seeded mustard
- Red wine vinegar
In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp mustard and a few hefty dashes of vinegar. Add some lemon and mix well.
In a larger bowl, mix all other ingredients. Add dresses and stir through/
Serve with almonds sprinkled over and turkey on top. Very fresh, and very yum!
Did you know?
I don’t often advocate buying pre-cooked deli meat, as it can be quite high in salt.
What you may not know, however, is that the majority of high-protein eaters who actually do eat clean are low in sodium. So for a quick protein fix on the run or whilst traveling, deli meat can be a great option. Added to this salad and you have something delicious, nutritious and super simple.