Homemade Beef Burgers
- 1 carrot, chopped into fine cubes
- 2 sticks of celery, same
- 1/2 a capsicum, same
- 1 onion, same
- 1kg of organic grass-fed beef
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- Handful of grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Pink salt
- 2 large dashes of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) of crushed chili
- 2 dashes of organic tomato sauce
- 2 spoonfuls of seeded mustard
- Coconut flour
- Additional onion to fry
- Canned beetroot (or you can self roast if you’re being especially wholesome)
- Eggs to fry
- Bacon to fry
- Sliced roma tomatos
- Avocado mashed with lemon
- Big cos leaves
- Whatever else you fancy!
Cook off the first 4 veggies in a pan until they are soft. Place in a large mixing bowl and then add all other ingredients, except coconut flour. As you start mixing it all together (with your hands), add coconut flour as needed.
Let mixture stand for 1-2 hours (in fridge) to improve taste. This isn’t necessary if you’re in a rush 🙂
Form into burger patties and cook in heated coconut oil over a moderate flame.
Serve with the toppings of your choice!
Did you know?
I recommend making this recipe with the full kg of mince even if you think no WAY can I eat that many burgers! They are great cold, for snacks, or you can use the leftover mix to make meatballs; an entirely new dish!