- 1/2 cup of grated cocoa butter, organic(you can blend cacao nibs, available from the Woman Incredible store, if you can’t find this)
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder, which is unprocessed chocolate (as are cacao nibs) and COMPLETELY good for you. Very high in magnesium
- 2 tablespoons of maca, mesquite (kind of caramelly superfood), or lucuma powder
- 2 tablespoons of shredded organic coconut
- pinch of real coloured salt
Mix the first 3 ingredients by hand, using a wooden spoon. You can heat the butter and oil a little in a pot if necessary.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, and mix well until blended.
Here is where it can get more interesting if you liked – you can add whatever sort of flavourings you like. A few of my favourites are vanilla and cinnamon, mint, ground coffee, chopped nuts, pepper and salt (yes!), or even more cacao nibs for added crunch!
Add the extras in, mix thoroughly, and then leave to set in foil inside a baking tray. In the fridge for a few hours is best – or for as long as you can resist!
Did you know?
This is actually fat-burning healthy chocolate, due to the incredible nutrition contained in the ingredients! It is still very high in fat, but these are great fats that actually lower bad cholesterol and improve metabolic function. So you can enjoy it daily! And trust me – it’s rich enough that there’s little chance you’ll over-indulge