Kat's Healthy Granola
- 55 grams unsweetened desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
- 85 grams chopped brazil nuts
- 85 grams chopped macadamia nuts
- 85 grams chopped almonds
- 85 grams chopped sunflower seeds
- 85 grams chopped pumpkin seeds
- 85 grams flax seeds (I use ground ones)
- 115 grams melted organic butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to add sweetness, if you like (you don’t really need it)
- Couple of shakes or real sea salt
Preheat oven to 180 celcius
Place coconut, nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet and stir through butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Add stevia to taste if you choose.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place immediately into a bowl and add flax seeds. Stir.
Serve warm or store for later use. This is delicious with full-fat organic yoghurt (cows, sheep or goats) and some fresh or frozen berries, and can also be used as a handy on the go snack.
Did you know?
|Flaxseeds help to modulate oestrogen. This is important during menopause, but it’s also relevant if you store excess body fat around your hips, butt or thighs, as that relates in excessive (often synthetic) oestrogen absorption. Eat more flaxseeds to detoxify oestrogen and get leaner!|