Marinated Lamb and Quinoa Salad
- 500 grams of lamb backstrips
- Macadamia nut or olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp crushed organic garlic
- 1 tsp crushed organic chili
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 cup of dry red or white quinoa
- 1/2 a spanish onion, chopped fine
- Fresh parsley, several sprigs chopped fine
- A handful of organic sultanas
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 green capsicum, chopped into small squares
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into fine strips
Marinate lamb in enough oil and vinegar to cover it, with garlic, chili and the squeezed juice of a lemon rubbed all over it. Leave to marinate for an hour, covered in the fridge. While this is marinating you can chop all your veggies and salads.
Cook quinoa as you would rice, in enough water to cover it and boiled for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it – it is done when it’s fluffy.
As soon as you put the water for the quinoa on to boil, heat a medium teflon-free (cast iron is good) pan, using some coconut or olive oil. Cook lamb backstops for about 3-4 minutes on each side, longer if you prefer your meat well done. Once done, chop them into medium strips.
Drain quinoa, mix through sultanas, parsley, tomatoes, carrot, spanish onion and capsicum, and serve with lamb on top.
Did you know?
Quinoa is great as part of a savoury or a sweeter meal. If you’re avoiding gluten but still love to have porridge now and then it is excellent instead of oats.