Paleo Fish Fingers
See Sweet Potato chip recipe as a side suggestion, especially on a big workout day.
- 4 white fish fillets (around 150g per serving)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2T dried herbs – thyme, basil, parsley, etc
- 2t cumin
- 1t garlic powder
- Coconut oil, lard or butter
1. In a shallow bowl, combine almond flour, herbs & spices.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs until combined well.
3. One at a time, dip fish fillets into egg mixture, and roll in almond flour coating.
4. When all fillets are coated, heat oil/fat/butter in a large frying pan.
5. When oil is hot, gently place fillets in a single layer in the pan. Let sizzle until crust begins to brown and meat begins to become opaque.
6. Turn fillets carefully, and sizzle until crust is golden. Test to ensure meat is cooked thoroughly by slicing the end off one fillet.
Did you know?
This is probably sort of obvious, but Paleo eating can get boring if you’re not careful. You can use this recipe to make any protein a bit more fun and interesting, and it’s great cold as leftovers as well. I had some of the fish for breaky the day after I made it!