Paleo Fried Chicken with Coleslaw
- 500-600 grams of organic chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup almond flour. Can substitute hazelnut or some flaxseed meal. Mix it up!
- 4 eggs
- 1 or 2T dried herbs – thyme, basil, parsley, etc
- 2t cumin
- 1t garlic powder
- Coconut oil, lard or butter
Combine almond/other flours, herbs & spices. Separately, beat eggs until combined well. Coat chicken in egg mixture, and then roll in flour coating. When all of your chicken is coated, heat oil/fat/butter in a large frying pan.
Cook and let sizzle until crust begins to brown and the chicken is cooked. Cut to test if necessary. You can finish these off in a low temp oven if you like, or if they are ready a bit too early.
- 1 small raw beetroot, peeled
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- Some dill or oregano
Grate all veg into long strips. Mix other ingredients and then stir through veg. Done!
Did you know?
You don’t have to have greasy dips or mayonnaise to enjoy dipping type foods. I use the above yoghurt mix (and often add lime) when I need a dip and it always goes down very nicely!