Paleo Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
- 2 cups almond or hazelnut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut sugar – my preferred sugar for baking
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium organic apples, peeled, sliced then chopped in half width-wise
- 3-4 stalks of rhubarb, washed and chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of pink or grey salt
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix the two bowls together. Place apples and rhubarb in an square baking dish and then crumble topping over the apples
Cover and bake at 180 degrees C for 50 minutes.
When fruit is soft and their juices bubble, remove cover and bake 10-12 more minutes to brown crisp toppings
Did you know?
Rhubarb is actually a vegetable not a fruit! So it’s a very very low sugar ‘sweet’ option for baking or desserts.