Protein Pumpkin Pie
- 2/3 a cup of pre-roasted pumpkin (or sweet potato)
- 2 scoops organic natural whey protein powder
- A small handful of chopped brazil nuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons of ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup of frozen or fresh berries
- Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and some cloves
- 1 whole egg
Mix together and enjoy – it’s cooking free
You could also double or triple the mixture and store it in small Pyrex containers to take with you on the go.
Did you know?
Pumpkin, along with sweet potato, is one of the best healthy sources of carbohydrate. This recipe is definitely more along the treat side of things, but what a great high protein treat! Very good for a post weight training indulgence 🙂