Roast Vegetable Salad
- 2 medium beetroot, scrubbed and boiled until tender, then peeled and quartered
- 4 baby carrots or 2 regular carrots
- 4 baby turnips
- 1 chunk of artichoke
- 4 brussel sprouts halved
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups of herbs and salad greens e.g. butter lettuce, radicchio, mint, parsley
- 1 small head of garlic washed and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon Juice
Blanch turnips, carrots and artichokes in boiling water until tender.
Boil whole unpeeled beetroot separately for 20 mins or until tender.
On a tray lined with baking paper place cooked root vegetables and raw cauliflower, brussel sprouts and garlic.
Drizzle with a tablespoon of oil and bake in a moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and brown
On a serving plate pile salad greens, herbs and roasted vegetables.
Mix dressing ingredients together until well combined and drizzle over.
Serve for 2 people, with grilled meat of your choice on the side or on its own if you’re having a vego day 🙂
Did you know?
Increasing your veggie intake is one of the most effective ways to improve your ability to detoxify naturally! Get munching on some different veg today!