Spicy Winter Vegie Soup
- Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh turmeric (or ground, but fresh is great)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 packets of organic vegetable stock (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch kale
- 4 stalks celery, including the foliage
- 1/2 a cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tin of aduki beans, drained
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopper fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-chop all veggies first. Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large soup pot. Add finely chopped turmeric, and crushed garlic, then a few spoonfuls of veg. Shallow fry to release flavour.
Add stock, half the water, and the rest of the veggies, and the beans. Add all herbs and salt and pepper
As it cooks down, add the rest of the water and more if needed.
Let simmer for 30-45 minutes and serve immediately, or over the next few days.
Did you know?
Tumeric is a great estrogen detoxifier. It also adds a spicy kick! Serve this soup warm or cold, and add chopped leftover meat for protein.