Superfood Nut Balls
- 1-2 cups of nut meal, such as almond or hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup dried berries of your choice (goji or cranberries are the most ‘super’ choice).
- A couple tablespoons raw organic tahini
- Natural sweetener such as raw honey or coconut sugar, which is very low GI
- A couple tablespoons of Woman Incredible raw cacao powder
Mix it all together with clean hands – the end result should be slightly sticky.
If it’s too wet just add some more cacao or some shredded coconut, and if it’s too dry simply add some more tahini and sweetener.
To finish, roll small balls in a mix of cacao powder and coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy one or two as the perfect mid-afternoon energy boost – one that satisfied the sweet tooth and is truly healthy!
Did you know?
You can try drying your own berries in a low-moderate oven with the door cracked – blanch in hot water for 5 minutes first and then dunk in ice cold water to preserve the colour. It will take 4-12 hours to dry fruit in the oven, and the berries should be pliable when done.